The refurbishment works involves the supply of and/or execution of the following works:
- Relocating portions of lines to close to road for ease of maintenance.
- Change design of some structures.
- Optimize length of line spans.
- Change of AAAC conductor to ACSR.
- Install vibration dampers and weights.
LOT 1: Refurbishment of Mazenod to Roma to Thaba-Tseka 33KV Line:
- Relocate 7km 33kV line between Mazenod and Roma substations and install ACSR (Hyena) on the newly constructed line
- Replace 86km AAAC 33kV conductor with ACSR (Hyena) conductor from Molimo-Nthuse to Thaba-Tseka 33/11kV substation.
- Replace Mantsonyane town fuse switch with 33kV SF6 circuit breaker.
- Construct 5MVA transformer plinth and bund wall at Thaba-Tseka substation.
- Install existing 5MVA, 33/11kV transformer on a new plinth at Thaba-Tseka substation.
LOT 2: Refurbishment of Mohale's Hoek to Outhing 33KV Line:
- Replace 41km AAAC 33kV conductor with ACSR (Hyena) conductor from Molimo-Nthuse to Thaba-Tseka 33/11kV substation.